With more and more people using their mobile phones for work purposes, let’s take a look at how Xero has bought their software to the mobile world.
Xero has five mobile apps that work on Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS operating systems.
The apps are Xero mobile accounting, Xero Me, Xero Projects, Xero Expenses, and Hubdoc.
XERO MOBILE ACCOUNTING:
With the Xero mobile accounting app, you can do most of the tasks you do in Xero web and your user role is the same.
Some of the things you can do in the mobile app include:
- From the dashboard view your bank account balances, profit and loss, cash flow, outstanding invoices, and bills to pay.
- Convert quotes into invoices at the tap of a button.
- Manage your invoices and bills to help your cash flow. Create then send invoices via email or messaging app so you get paid faster.
- Reconcile your bank accounts and code transactions within seconds.
Alternatively, you can log in to Xero web on your mobile device using a web browser. Go to the Xero website, then log in to your organisation.
Use 3D Touch on your iOS device
Use 3D Touch in Xero Accounting for iOS to create or preview invoices, quotes, receipts and contacts. This is only available on iPhone 6S or more recent models.
- From your home screen, press firmly on the Xero icon, then tap Add Receipt, Create Invoice, or Add Contact.
- In the list view for Sales and Purchases, press lightly on an item to see a preview. Stop pressing to return to the list view or press the preview harder to open the item in full.
- When you’re previewing an invoice, slide the preview upwards to see Send, Share, or Approve quick action links.
- When you’re previewing a receipt, slide the preview upwards to Submit for approval and Submit & approve quick action links.
- When you’re previewing a contact, slide the preview upwards to see Call, Email and Directions to quick actions links.
The quick action links available depend on the status of the item and your user role.
If your organisation has the web version of Xero Projects, download the projects app from the App Store or Google Play. It’s free to download but there are extra charges depending on how many active users you have.
The projects app lets you create and adjust projects on the go and track profits against projects. It has features like auto GPS tracking and start-stop timers so you can capture time and costs against projects.
If you don’t have Xero Projects, have a look at our pricing plans (Xero website) to see what best suits your organisation. You need to be the subscriber of the organisation to add Xero Projects to your subscription.
If your organisation has the web version of Xero Expenses, download the expenses app from the App Store or Google Play.
The expenses app lets employees claim expenses and mileage by submitting photos of their receipt. Employees with admin or approver status can approve or decline the claims.
Some of the things you can do in the mobile expenses app include:
- Capture an expense with just a photo, then submit it in real time
- Set company and user permissions to give complete control of who can view, submit, and approve expense claims
- Go paperless, no more paper receipts
You can change the background colour scheme in Xero Expenses. In the settings menu, tap Theme to choose a Light or Dark background. If you select System default, then the app will sync with the phone. If the settings on the phone is selected to dark mode, then the app will be dark mode.
If your organisation has the web version of Xero Payroll, download the Xero Me app from the App Store or Google Play. It’s free to download.
Xero Me lets employees:
- Update and submit timesheets
- View leave balances
- Submit leave requests, and see what’s been approved or declined
- View and download payslips and check when the next payday is
Xero Me lets staff with the appropriate user roles:
- Schedule leave for employees
- View, action, and manage leave requests
- View, action, and manage staff timesheets
If you don’t have Xero Payroll, have a look at our pricing plans (Xero website) to see what best suits your organisation. You need to be the subscriber of the organisation to add Xero Payroll.
If you have a Hubdoc organisation, download the mobile app to make it easier to get your documents into Hubdoc. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
The Hubdoc mobile app lets you:
- Switch between Hubdoc organisations
- Upload pictures of documents stored on your phone, or take new pictures to appear automatically in Hubdoc
- Add, rename, or delete folders
- Add tags to documents or move documents to different folders
- Delete documents
- Change your Hubdoc password
If none of these apps are quite what you’re looking for, check out the range of apps available from the Xero app marketplace and talk to us about what you’re looking for. It is highly likely we know of something that could help you and your business out. Alternatively, if you are using an app that you love we’d love to hear how it has helped you.