From 1pm Thursday 4 March you can apply for the March 2021 Wage Subsidy scheme.
Your business needs to experience a 40% decline in revenue over a consecutive 14-day period between 28 February and 21 March, compared to a typical 14-day period between 4 January and 14 February 2021 (6 weeks before the change in Alert Levels). This is available to businesses throughout New Zealand.
The Wage Subsidy will be paid for 2 weeks at the rate of:
- $585.80 a week for each full-time employee retained (20 hours a week or more)
- $350 a week for each part-time employee retained (less than 20 hours a week).
You can’t get a Wage Subsidy for an employee for the period they’re covered by a Leave Support Scheme or Short-Term Absence Payment.
You’ll be able to apply online from 1pm on Thursday 4 March 2021 and payments start from Monday 8 March 2021.
PLEASE CAREFULLY CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- We strongly recommend that you carefully consider which fortnight you are applying for.
- It looks as if the revenue decrease is based on actual not projected revenue. Please be mindful of this.
- It may be worthwhile waiting to see what level we will be going into next week before applying, in case there is a better fortnight to use to show the revenue decrease.
- This is different from the Resurgence Support Payment (RSP).
- You may be entitled to the RSP as well or instead – read more on the Resurgence Support Payment here. There are different criteria that apply for this payment so please ensure you are aware of the difference.